Spring is in the air as we enjoyed red, Bordeaux-style blends at David's home this past weekend! The wine flowed and good time was had by all. Seems we like Bordeaux-style wines very much - we had to open a 6th bottle before the night was over to keep the juices flowing...
Here is the ranking from most loved to least:
- B - HorsePlay, Rollicking Red (Cab. Sauv. 44% / Merlot 39% / Syrah 17%), Sonoma, CA, 2005, $11 (Harris Teeter) WineFactSheet.pdf
- A - Daglia Canyon, Meritage (Cab. Sauv, Cab Franc, Merlot, Malbec & Petit Verdot), Napa Valley (Oakville), 2005, $20 (Total Wine)
- D - Yellow Tail, Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot, Australia, 2007, $5 (Total Wine)
- C - Il Cuore, Rosso Classico (51% Syrah, 26% Zinfandel, 12% Sangiovese, 6% Carignane, 5% Merlot) Mendocino, Country, 2007, $13 (City Beverage)
- E - Robert Mondavi, Private Selection Meritage, 2006, $13 (Harris Teeter)
Date: April 2009